We all have those big goals, don’t we? It might be a 6-figure income, to write a book, buy that house or create an online income stream that means you can work less. Those are the top-level goals and they are completely possible, but what if your goal feels too big and you can’t see a way to make it happen? What happens then?
When goals feel too big and too far away they make achieving goals harder. Taking the giant leap from where you right now to where you want to be can feel like too big of a step, so you end up doing nothing. Yes, we need big goals to push us out of our comfort zone and help us up-level our lives and our businesses, but you need a solid, achievable plan to get there.
If you are feeling stuck and unable to move towards those big goals then maybe it’s time to look at your mindset.
- Do your goals scare you? They should, but you should also have interim goals to help you get to where you want to be.
- Can you break your big goals down into smaller ones that you can achieve and see as stepping stones to move you forward?
- Are you looking for evidence that you can do this? You can do this, but you need to remind yourself.
- Is your self-talk supporting you? Don’t let the voice in your head tell you that those dreams and goals are impossible. Make sure you keep your self-talk positive.
- Are you rewarding yourself for achieving those stepping-stone goals? Don’t wait until you reach your big goal. Celebrate along the way.
Goal setting is key to your business, but you need to make sure you stack those goals so you see your achievements. One day you will look back and see just how far you’ve come.